Scholarship Application Deadline: June 17, 2024
We offer a number of scholarships that cover the full cost of tuition.
- General Merit Scholarships: open to all interested students.
- Dixon Scholarships, funded by Dixon Valve: open to all students from, or attending school in, Kent and Queen Anne's Counties, MD.
- The Unbound Scholarship, funded by The Needle's Eye Academy: open to all scholars of color attending high school and living in any county on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Lower Shore Scholarships, funded by Salt Water Media and Stephanie L. Fowler: open to all students from, or attending school on the Lower Shore (Worcester, Somerset, Wicomico, and Dorchester Counties, MD; Sussex County, DE).
- Talbot Summer Arts Scholarships: available for every student who lives in Talbot County, MD, regardless of where they study. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must follow the instructions below AND you must apply for a Summer Arts Scholarship through the Talbot Arts webpage. The Summer Arts Scholarship application period ends on May 30, so don't delay! You may copy any relevant information from our website to answer the questions on that application.
To apply for any of these scholarships, please complete the general conference registration form. At the bottom of that form, answer "Yes" when asked, "Would you like to be considered for a scholarship to cover the cost of this conference?"
You will then be asked to upload a writing sample that corresponds to the workshop track you have chosen:
- Poetry Workshop: submit up to three poems as a single document.
- Fiction or Journalism: submit a document of up to 750 words in your chosen genre.
All writing samples should be submitted as either a PDF or Microsoft Word document. The heading of your document should note the workshop track you have chosen, and the scholarship type for which you are applying.
The scholarship application period closes on June 17. Applicants will be notified of final scholarship decisions shortly thereafter. Specific instructions for completing registration will be included in the official response email.
Please note: Your workshop spot is not secured until a scholarship is awarded or the registration fee is paid. If you apply for a scholarship but are not awarded one, you will have the opportunity to register as a paying attendee. However, you will be limited to the workshop slots still available at that time. Our workshop tracks (especially fiction) often reach capacity before the final registration deadline.