Smoking Cessation Program
Health Services offers tobacco cessation support to all students who have the desire to quit using tobacco. Students may call to schedule an appointment for these services. Please contact Health Services to help you quit today! 410-778-7261
Smoking Cessation Classes
Free Stop Smoking Classes are offered through Kent County Health Department asa 5 week program. Classes are taught by trained Quit Coach, Mary Jo Carpenter. Class topics include the stages of quitting, triggers and understanding addiction, methods to quit, nutrition, and stress. Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy with patches, lozenges, gum, or Chantix is included in the class. Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Students may sign up by contacing Mary Jo Carpenter at 410-778-7028 or emailing her at Maryjo.Carpenter@maryland.g
- Online Free Cessation Sites
- www.nope365.com (This site offers a free network of thousands of fellow quitters)
- www.SmokingStopsHere.com (This site is offered by the state of Maryland.)
- www.makesmokinghistory.org (formerly www.trytostop.org) (This is an interactive quiz wizard offered by the Massachusetts Department of Health)
- www.stop-tabac.ch (Based on your answers to a questionnaire, the student will receive a personalized report in 10 seconds in the language of their choice.)
Pharmaceutical Company sites
- www.whyquit.com/ (Quitting cold turkey, no medications.)
- http://oralhealthamerica.org/programs/nstep/ (National Spit Tobacco Education Program.
- SUPPORT TOBACCO FREE CAMPUS INITIATIVES AT WC!