- James Price IV Associate Professor of Business Management; Director of the Finance Minor
- Ph.D. in Finance, October 2010, Rutgers Business School-Newark & New Brunswick, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA
- M.B.A., June 2003, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- B.S. in Finance (minor in Accounting), June 2000, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
Research Spotlight, (Google Scholar Profile)
- “Changes in Corporate Social Responsibility and Stock Performance” (with Yangru Wu), Journal of Business Ethics, 735-755 (2022).
- “The Impact of Loan Rollover Restrictions on Capital Structure Adjustments, Leverage Deviations, and Firm Values” (with Haiming Liu and Yao-Min Chiang), Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 62 (2020).
- “Pension Policy and the IPO Market” (with Yao-Min Chiang), Finance Research Letters 34 (2020).
- “Readability of the Credit Card Agreements and Financial Charges(with Alyxandra Cash ’17), Finance Research Letters 24 (2018), 145-150.
- “Portfolio Diversification and Investment Risk” (with Zachary Revak ’16 and Kelly Sugalski ’16), Advances in Financial Education Winter (2017), 33-45.
- “Bond and Stock Market Response to Unexpected Dividend Changes” (with Yangru Wu), Journal of Empirical Finance 30 (2015), 1-15.
- “Performance of Foreign and Global Mutual Funds: The Role of Security Selection, Region-Shifting, and Style-shifting Abilities” (with Yangru Wu), The Financial Review 50 (2015), 517-545.
- “Optimal Portfolio Choice with Asset Return Predictability and Nontradable Labor Income” (with Yangru Wu), Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 45 (2015), 215-249.
- “Optimal Portfolio Choice for Investors with Industry-Specific Labor Income Risks” (with Yangru Wu), Finance Research Letters 11 (2014), 429-436.
- “The Determination of Security Prices: An Interactive Experiment,” Journal of the Academy of Business Education 15 (2014), 119-124.
- “The Informational Efficiency of Bonds and Stocks: The Role of Institutional Sized Bond Trades,” International Review of Economics and Finance 31 (2014), 34-45.
Currently I teach courses including Corporate Finance, Financial Analysis, Investments, and Managerial Statistics. In my class I love to ask students many questions, so there is a lot of interaction between my students and me. I have been teaching at Washington College for more than 10 years, and it has been a joy teaching and knowing Washington College students.
- CFA charterholder
Hobbies: Cooking Chinese food
Favorite verses in the Bible: “In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses every man’s understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4, 6-7.