Development and Special Events Internship
About the Internship
- Research current and prospective donors (including both individuals and local businesses) for potential funding
- Develop a direct mail letter to send to past donors.
- Screen current donor/subscriber base to identify prospective new members and upgrades
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and fulfill membership benefits
- Assist patrons with donor relation and stewardship needs
- Participate in event special events preparation and planning
- Create invitations and programs for donor events
- Manage event reservations
- Assist with event logistics the day of the event
- Data processing as needed
- Research projects on areas of interest or need
- Research Public and Private High Schools within 50 miles and identify key music instructors to partner
Candidates should possess strong verbal and written communication skills, a keen sense of creativity, and be able to multi-task in an effective way. In addition, the candidate should have a high level of computer proficiency, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and mail merges. Experience with the layout and design of database skills is a plus. Washington College students with an interest in business and non-profit development in the performing arts are preferred. Please include a list of completed relevant coursework as well as whether college credit will be requested for this internship.
For information contact: email@example.com