Washington College’s main campus is located on Washington Avenue in historic Chestertown. The College’s 18th-century structures—Custom House, the Patrick Henry House, and the Hynson-Ringgold House—are near the foot of High Street, on the Chester River. The Truslow Boathouse, home to the crew and sailing teams, is just downriver.
Concert Series events are held in the Gibson Center for the Arts. During Concert Series events, parking is open to the public, including those spaces generally reserved for faculty.
By car, from the North:
- Take I-95 South to Exit 1A (Middletown, DE, Route 896 Exit).
- Proceed on Route 896 South and merge onto Route 301 South.
- Take US Route 301 South to the MD Route 291 exit.
- Turn left off the exit, and then make the first right on the traffic circle to MD Route 291 (West).
- Proceed on Route 291 for 12 miles, until reaching the Route 213 intersection in Chestertown.
- Turn left at the intersection’s stop lights and proceed south on Route 213 for approximately 2 blocks. Turn right at the first traffic light (Greenwood Avenue) and enter campus through the College’s main gate.
By car, from the South:
- Take the route of your choice to Rts. 50/301 East and follow signs for the Bay Bridge.
- On the Eastern Shore, continue on Rts. 50/301 East until they diverge in Queenstown (proceed North on Route 301).
- Exit Route 301 at Rt. 213 North (Centreville exit) and proceed for 15 miles.
- In Chestertown, Route 213 becomes Washington Avenue. Turn left at Greenwood Avenue and enter through the College’s main gate.