Student Event Planning
Welcome! Below are the links with information about requesting approval for events (virtual and in-person) for the 2021-2022 academic year.
What's new for 2021?
- If you are planning an in-person event, please make sure to read the WC Event Policy, which was updated in Spring 2021.
- You can use this form request to borrow items such as vases, easels, etc. belonging to the Campus Events Office here. (This is not form chairs or tables, only items that can be easily transported! Tables can be requested from SGA. Link coming soon!)
- Need classroom sizes to know what you are requesting? Here's the list of classrooms. It's not everything, so if you have questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
All student run events (yes, those that are virtual, too!) must be approved by the Office of Student Engagement.
To submit your event for approval, submit your request by submitting an event through your organization's page in CampusGroups.
Watch the video tutorial for instructions on how to submit your request in Campus Groups.
- In your group, fill out the promotional information about your event by clicking on the left tab labeled "Events."
- After promotional information is collected, the next page will be the Student Engagement Event and Meeting Request Form. Fill this out as you would the old form! You will get a confirmation e-mail that your form has been submitted, and submitted for approval.
- It will then be reviewed by the Office of Student Engagement, Campus Events and other College staff as needed.
- You'll get a confirmation when your event is approved. You can also check on your form status in CG!
Fraternity and Sorority Reservation and Events
All FSL (including IFC and Panhellenic Council) requests, including meetings, should be filled out by submitting an event in CampusGroups.
Watch the video tutorial above and contact the Office of Student Engagement or the Campus Events Office with questions.
Your event or meeting is not approved until you receive an outlook calendar confirmation. If you have any questions or there is an error with your reservation, please contact email@example.com.
We encourage you to use CampusGroups to schedule your meetings. It keeps the event and the request for the space in one place! Once your meeting is approved on your organization's page in CG, you can schedule sparkly e-mail reminders and notifications out to your members through CG!
If you need a space and don't want your meeting in CampusGroups (even though you can limit it to private or select memebers), you can use this form to request a space: http://bit.ly/wc_student_meeting_form. You will receive an e-mail reciept from this form, and another confirmation once your space has been reserved.
In both cases your event or meeting is not approved until you receive an outlook calendar confirmation. If you have any questions or there is an error with your reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Hodson Egg, Goosenest or Lobby) or email@example.com (classrooms and items scheduled on the campus events calendar).
If you have a question about this policy or you haven't heard back from us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Study Space Reservations
If you are looking to reserve a classroom or other space for a study session, you may do so. Fill out this form: http://bit.ly/wc_student_meeting_form.
You will receive an e-mail that your form has been submitted and if approved, you will receive notification in Outlook with the location of your reservation.
If you have any questions or there is an error with your reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Hodson Egg, Goosenest or Lobby) or email@example.com (classrooms and items scheduled on the campus events calendar).
Club Sports and Athletic Facility Reservations
Please contact Evan Clayton for questions.
Additional resources for promotion
Please contact Maya Primorac in the Campus Events Office if you would like to have your event posted on the calendar page for the entire campus community.
- Students who are using a space on campus must put the room back together the way it was found and ready for the next group or class.
- When you event is over, please clean up all of your trash and take your belongings with you.
- We want everyone to be able to use spaces as they wish. Please follow these rules so that the resources can be used for everyone.