Our Partners & Press
The Starr Center for the Study of the American Experience has partnered and collaborated with dozens of organizations, institutions, and individuals since its inception in 2000. Without their generous support, our work would not be possible.
In the Press
The Starr Center has recently had the pleasure of being featured in a number of noteworthy and prestigious publications, including The Washington Post, The Hill, The Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Magazine, Chesapeake Quarterly, and others:
- "Slaves and Klansmen in the Family: A Chat with Washington College Fellow Edward Ball," The Chestertown Spy, November 19, 2022.
- "The Heart of the Eastern Shore: Chesapeake Heartland Project puts Kent County Black History on the Map," Chesapeake Bay Magazine, January 26, 2022.
- "Author Mia Bay is the Starr Center's 2021-22 Patrick Henry History Fellow," The Chestertown Spy, December 10, 2021.
- "More than 330 Items from the Historical Society of Kent County are Now Digitally Archived with Chesapeake Heartland," The Chestertown Spy, October 28, 2021.
- "Newark Resident Completes Internship with the Smithsonian," Newark Post, September 9, 2021.
- "We Get An Inside Look At Recently Discovered Two-Hundred Year Old Documents," WBOC News, DelmarvaLife, August 31, 2021.
- "Hip Hop Time Capsule: a summer program focusing on diversity," WBAL Radio, August 23, 2021.
- "A Starr in the East," What's Up? Eastern Shore, August 2021.
- "Kent County and hip hop? Washington College summer program creates musical time capsule inspired by area," The Baltimore Sun, July 29, 2021.
- "Hogan proposes Washington College endowment in memory of late Senate president Miller," WTOP, July 15, 2021.
- "Thousands of pages documenting slavery found in the attic of Eastern Shore house," The Hill, July 2, 2021.
- "A Maryland attic hid a price trove of Black history," The Washington Post, June 28, 2021.
- "Turning Tides," Baltimore Magazine, February 2021.
- "Water Bound: How Maryland's 19th century laws affected free Black people who worked the water," Chesapeake Quarterly, Vol 20:1, February 2021.
For media inquiries or interview requests, please contact Katy Shenk, Assistant Director for Communications and Outreach, at email@example.com.