smallest hero image

::The Revolutionary College Project

The Revoluntionary College Project

ABOVE - coins

Red Swirl Cornerstone Coins

In 1844, seventeen years after the original College building was destroyed by fire, Middle Hall, erected on the same site but much smaller in size, was opened to accommodate boarders and classes.  The Middle Hall cornerstone was removed in 1981, revealing a metal time capsule containing eight coins and a badly deteriorated bundle of papers.




The Custom House, 101 South Water Street, Chestertown, MD 21620 | 410-810-7161 | 800-422-1782 Copyright 2008 C.V. Starr Center. All rights reserved.

GW Head Logo