Do you remember when you decided Washington College was the place for you? What a life-changing moment that was! Now, through the WC Watershed Program, WC alumni can work with admissions to give encouragement and share their insights to prospective students. You’ll have the chance to support them, encourage them, and maybe even help provide them with a watershed moment like the one that brought WC into your life!
Our success in attracting the best and the brightest new students to Washington College reflects our academic excellence, reputation and the incredible opportunities for experiential learning we offer our students – three hallmarks that distinguish us from our competitors. Watershed volunteers help us maintain that tradition by encouraging academically talented students to apply to and attend Washington College.
As a Watershed volunteer, you’ll have the chance to provide the one-on-one interaction, personal attention, and encouragement that can make the difference between a student choosing WC or enrolling at another college or university. Providing your perspective, and maybe that watershed moment, as a Washington College alum is key to our program’s strength and success. Meet a few of our amazing Watershed alumni volunteers here.
No matter your availability, there is a way for you to make a difference in the lives of our prospective students! We have three levels of support, so find the level at which you are most comfortable participating, and let’s get started! We’ll provide you with training, handbooks, and other resources you’ll need to succeed.
Ways to Volunteer
- Write notecards to different high school student populations
- Nominate a student to apply or visit
- Fill out a profile with your contact information to list on the WC website
- Host an Admissions event off campus
- Visit a local high school for a meet-and-greet with students (e.g. bring donuts or pizza)
- Host off-campus meet and greets for applicants
- Attend a college fair in your area (we’ll provide training and a WC nametag)
- Host a session at a Washington College Open House
- Participate in on-campus events (chat with prospective students during breakfast, discuss your experiences during an info session)