M.A. in Emerging Media
Take your career to the next level with this Fast Track partnership between Washington College and Loyola University Maryland
What is the M.A. in Emerging Media?
The Loyola University Maryland M.A. in Emerging Media puts students directly at the intersection of media, technology, and career enhancement. Students receive training in content creation, global social media communication, strategic communication, user experience, social network analysis, and more. The program ensures students are leaders in the strategic curation and usage of cutting-edge media platforms.
Who is the M.A. in Emerging Media for?
This program is for any student interested in working with emeging media platforms across a wide variety of careers: from politics to social media to journalism, from non profits to public relations, from international corporations to marketing, from start-ups to medicine to web design, the skills you learn in Emerging Media are critical to any career in the 21st century.
What will I learn?
Students learn skills to strategically evaluate emerging media platforms. You'll also develop the vision to create programs, campaigns, and content utilizing new and emerging media platforms, all while perfecting your ability to investigate and explain the legal, economic, social, political, and cultural impacts of new and emerging media. And, of course, you'll learn to identify new communication opportunities for helping to create a socially just world.
What type of classes are offered?
The Emerging Media Master's Program at Loyola offers a range of courses such as: Content Creation, Ethics in New and Emerging Media, Digital Culture, Strategic Communication, User Experience, Media Innovation, Law and Regulation, Writing for Social Media, and more. You can find a current list of their courses here.
What is Fast Track?
Fast Track is a partnership between Washington College and Loyola University Maryland that provides a pathway to the Loyola M.A. in Emerging Media. This program allows for a shortened application for eligible Washington College students and benefits for WAC students admitted into the M.A. in Emerging Media Program.
To be eligible for the Fast Track program you must be an enrolled Washington College student in good standing with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Completed online application
- Fast Track admission form
- Essay describing how the graduate program aligns with personal or career goals
- Undergraduate transcript(s) demonstrating a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Satisfactory completion of remaining undergraduate degree coursework, maintaining the minimum GPA requirements
- A non-refundable $150 deposit required to secure your enrollment submitted within the timeline set within your acceptance letter; deposit will be applied toward the first semester of tuition
- Guaranteed consideration regardless of undergraduate major
- Application fee waived
- Résumé waived
- Letters of recommendation waived
- If accepted: 15% tuition discount
Students can apply as early as their junior year and as late as the spring semester of their senior year. For more information, visit Loyola's website about the Fast Track Admission process.