WC in the News
The media turns to our faculty experts to enhance coverage of a wide range of topics, from international security and economic policy to American history and politics.
- Monitor on Psychology, September 2013 issue.
The magazine of the American Psychological Association profiles the extraordinary success of Washington College students in conducting and presenting their research.
Download a pdf of the print version.
- Reform Judaism, Fall 2013
President Mitchell B. Reiss speaks to Reform Judaism magazine to offer his best advice to students deciding on a college and career.
- Humanities magazine visits Chestertown to talk to Adam Goodheart and Neal Gabler about how the C.V. Starr Center brings history alive. May/June issue, 2013.
- The Baltimore Sun, 10/29/2012
Economics professor Robert Lynch pens a pre-election opinion piece.
- Arab News, 10/28/2012
Political science professor Melissa Deckman is quoted in an article distributed widely around the globe by the Agence France-Presse wire service.
- The New York Times, 10/26/2012
In a “Historically Corrected” column, Starr Center visiting scholar Peter Manseau examines the commonplace assertion that religious liberty is the nation’s first freedom.
- The Daily Beast, 09/21/2012
English Professor Corey Olsen, a.k.a. The Tolkien Professor, offers his expertise on the 75th anniversary of the publication of the The Hobbit.
- The Wall Street Journal, 09/21/2012
Corey Olsen argues that the celebrated children’s book if not just for children.
- The New York Times, 09/21/2012
History professor and Lincoln expert Richard Striner writes about the Emancipation Proclamation for the Times’ Disunion series.
- 2012 American Value Survey: Assessing Political and Moral Views on the Economy and Social Issues in a Shifting Religious LandscapeThe Brookings Institution, 10/23/2012
Political science professor Melissa Deckman, an Affiliated Scholar with the Public Religion Research Institute, joins a panel at the Brookings Institution to present the results of an important national survey. (Deckman’s presentation begins about an hour into the video).
- C-SPAN, 10/22/2012
At an event at the National Press Club, professor Melissa Deckman talks about the gender gap among Catholic voters.
- Dialogue, CCTV, 09/29/2012
Director of International Studies Andrew Oros is a guest on the Chinese public affairs show Dialogueto discuss the state of America’s relationship with China.
- CCTV, 09/23/2012
Director of International Studies Andrew Oros appears on the Chinese television network to discuss the U.S. role in Japan-China relations. (His segment appears about 20 minutes into the program.)
- WYPR Radio, 09/25/2012
Political science professor Melissa Deckman discusses Romney and Obama foreign policy.
- Maryland Morning, WYPR, 11/06/2012
The winner of the 2012 George Washington Book Prize, Maya Jasanoff, talks to host Tom Hall about Liberty’s Exiles.
- All Things Considered, NPR, 10/21/2012
Professor of English and Tolkien Professor Corey Olsen talks to Guy Raz, host of All Things Considered Weekends, about his new book, Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit.
- Talk of the Nation, NPR, 9/24/2012
Richard Striner talks with host Neal Conan about the moral conviction and shrewd politics that led Lincoln to issue the proclamation.
- Midday, WYPR, 9/20/2012
Corey Olsen, The Tolkien Professor, talks about the enduring appeal of the book with Midday host Dan Rodricks.