Student Tuition & Information

    The Business Office processes billing statements and posts payments for student accounts.

    Form 1098-T and W-2’s are available on Student Self-Service unless the student notifies the Business Office in writing to issue a paper form mailed to the home address.

    Student accounts are generally due three weeks before the beginning of the semester. Student Bills are available through Student Self-Service. You can access the payment plan through Official Payments, or find information on other types of payment.

    No Cash Required

    Students can use their College ID card to manage on-campus spending; you can replenish funds via GET. The site provides information about account balances and spending history, while allowing a student (or parent/guardian) to add money to the College ID card using a credit card.

    Financial Responsibility

    All students are required to complete a Financial Responsibility Form agreement, found on the Student Web Advisor account under the Financial Information heading. This agreement must be completed prior to being eligible to register for classes.

    Transferring Funds

    Students may transfer excess Financial Aid funds from their student account to their student ID card in order to make purchases on campus at the Bookstore, Dining Hall and Information Technologies office. The request is made using the Transfer option under Transfer/Refund Credit Balance option through Student Web Advisor

    Receiving a refund of a credit balance 

    Students may request a refund of a credit balance available on the student account using the Refund option under Transfer/Refund Credit balance through Student Web Advisor.

    Quick Links

    Center for Career Development 

    Human Resources


    1098-T Automation Memo

    Direct Deposit for Student Account Refunds Memo

    Tax-Free Scholarships and Fellowships

    Understanding Internships

    Late Payment Fee

    Washington College charges a late payment fee of $200 on any balance of $2,000 or more for undergraduate students. A late fee is charged when a student:

    • has not paid the account in full or made payment arrangements by the officially posted due date for the current semester; or
    • has not paid the account in full or made payment arrangement by the officially posted due date for the curent semester; or
    • has defaulted on a payment plan; or
    • has financial aid canceled, in any manner.

    Statement of Account

    Student account statements are available online through Student Self-Service. The following payment options are available:

    1. Mail a check payable to Washington College, 300 Washington Avenue, Chestertown, MD 21620. Your student Account number MUST be on your check.

    2. Credit card payments may be made with MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card through  Student Self-Service or Payment OptionsThere is a 2.5% convenience fee for this service.

    3. E-check payments can be made through Student Self-Service or Payment Options. There is no fee for this service.

    4. Washington College is pleased to offer the tuition payment plan administered by ACI Payments Inc. Enrolling in a tuition payment plan is easy. Enrollment for fall begins in July, enrollment for spring begins in December.

    Plans offered for fall are a 5 month installment plan with payment beginning in July or a 4 month installment plan with payment beginning in August. There is a one time enrollment fee of $55 for the plan. 

    Plans offered for spring are a 5 month installment plan with payment beginning in December or a 4 month installment plan with payment beginning in January. There is a one time enrollment fee of $55 for the plan. 

    The student will be responsible for immediate payment of the semester balance due should the ACI Payment Inc. payment plan be terminated. The late payment fee will also apply.

    Students who have not paid in full, or who have not made satisfactory arrangements to pay in full using financial aid or the payment plan, by the due date for the semester, will not be considered as having met their financial obligation. Until this obligation has been met, students may not return to campus, attend classes, or obtain keys or a college ID card.

    Student Debit Card System

    WC student ID cards are able to have funds added so they can be used to make purchases at the Bookstore, retail food locations in Hodson Hall Commons and Sassafras Hall and in the Office of Information Technologies. Funds can be added through GET and are accepted for ID card purchases (cash and personal checks will still be accepted, and credit cards and debit cards in most locations).

    Excess Financial Aid funds can be transferred to the student debit card by using the Transfer option of the Transfer/Refund Credit Balance found on the student WebAdvisor page. 

    Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan

    All students are required to have health insurance coverage. All NEW students will be enrolled in and billed for the College plan, which provides limited accident and sickness coverage, unless a waiver form is completed and returned to Health Services prior to July 15th. All international students are required to purchase health insurance through Washington College. There are no exceptions to this policy.

    Pending Financial Aid

    Federal regulations require that Federal grants and loans be posted to student accounts no earlier than 10 days prior to the first day of class. Therefore, if you have been awarded a Federal grant or loan and have accepted the Federal grant or loan, the amount of the award will appear on your billing statement as “pending aid.” Your balance due is calculated as the difference between your charges and all aid awarded and accepted, including pending aid.

    If you have been awarded and have accepted a Federal Direct Student Loan, the loan amount will appear as Pending Aid on your billing statement. Loan amounts have been deducted from your charges. Federal Direct Student Loan paperwork can be done electronically. Instructions can be found on the Financial Aid site.

    Outside Private Scholarships will be credited to the students account upon receipt of the check from the outside organization.

    To avoid any delays or problems, please be sure to complete all forms and submit all required paperwork to the Financial Aid Office by December 15. If you intend to use a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan or an alternative student loan (i.e. Sallie Mae Smart Loan, Wells Fargo, Citi Assist Loan) towards the payment of your semester charges, you must have the loan pre-approved and all loan applications completed prior to December 15. If your loan is pre-approved prior to December 15, it will appear on your statement as Pending Aid. However, if the loan is not pre-approved prior to December 15, you must pay the Amount Due on your billing statement to complete the registration process. Loan applications will not be accepted or processed during August registration and check-in.

    Credit Balance Refunds

    The Washington College Business Office prepares refunds to any student that has a credit after the start of every semester.  For the Spring Semester refunds will be distributed by February 25 and for the Fall Semster by September 25.

    If you have been awarded a Federal grant or loan and have accepted the Federal grant or loan, the amount of the award will appear on your billing statement as “pending aid” and IS NOT available for refund until it has posted. 

    If you require an additional credit you can do so after Feb. 25th or Sept. 25th by emailing

    ***We ask that every student set up direct deposit in Self-Service by going into "Financial Information", next "banking information: then "add a bank".

    Tuition Refund Policy

    Withdrawals and Refunds

    All amounts paid to the College are refundable to the student unless they become non-refundable as set forth below. If a student withdraws from the College during a semester, the student will be responsible for all non-refundable amounts. When the student withdrawal results from a disciplinary action, regardless of the time of the withdrawal, all amounts paid to the College become non-refundable and the College makes no refund of any kind.

    Tuition refunds or credits will be allowed according to date on which the student withdraws, as follows:

    • before classes begin - 100% refundable;
    • during the first two weeks of classes - 75% (25% is non-refundable);
    • during the third week of classes - 50% (50% is non-refundable);
    • during the fourth week of classes - 25% (75% is non-refundable);
    • After the fourth week of classes - 0% (100% is non-refundable).

    Fees are not refundable after the start date of the semester for which the fees have been paid. Residence hall spaces are assigned for the academic year; therefore, no refunds or credits for rooms are given for a student withdrawing for any reason after classes begin. Board refunds or credits will be determined on a pro-rated basis to be calculated based on the date of student’s withdrawal.

    Always contact the Financial Aid Office before dropping, withdrawing, auditing, or deciding not to attend a course to confirm how it will affect your financial aid.  You should also review both the Return of Title IV Financial Aid Funds (R2T4) and the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy to make an informed decision.

    If you decide to drop, withdraw, audit, or stop attending a course, please be aware that it can reduce your financial aid eligibility depending on the type of aid you have, how many credits you are no longer attending, and the timing of when your enrollment changes.  You will be required to repay any financial aid that you are no longer eligible to receive and it can negatively impact your Satisfactory Academic Progress.

    Tuition Refund Insurance

    Tuition refund insurance coverage is available through A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. for withdraws due to injury or sickness. 

    All students will be billed per semester for each academic year. Coverage is available unless the student is receiving tuition waiver. Requests to OPT OUT coverage can be submitted to, please be sure to include the student’s name and college ID# in the email.


    Basic educational fees for 2022-2023

    Full-Time (12 credits or more) per semester

    Tuition (full-time) year

    Tuition per semester $25,313
    Overload Credit Charge (per credit of 20) $1,500 
    Audit Fee (per course) $430
    Part Time (per course) $8,610
    Student Service Fee (year)


    Student Health Fee (year)


    Recreation Fee (year) $100
    Music Fee (per course)


    Lab Fee (per course varies)




    Orientation (Fall)


    Orientation (Spring)


    Campus Housing

    $6,754 - $9,232

    Single Room Upcharge



    Meal Plans Per Year 

    Ultimate Plan (year)


    19/meal (year)


    14/meal (year)


    250 Block (year)


    220 Block (year)


    180 Block (year)


    150 Block (year)


    75 Block* per semester 


    100 Block* per semester 


    750 Dining Dollar* per semester 


    *available to off-campus students only 


    Other Academic Fees:

    Applied Music $360 (per course)
    Student Teaching 

    Actual Cost

    Off-Campus Application Fee $200
    Off-Campus Group O Fee $450
    Orientation (Fall) $490
    Orientation (Spring) $174
    Graduation  $300
    Campus Housing 
    Traditional Single  $7,880 year
    Traditional Double  $6,754 year
    Renovated Single 

    $8,556 year

    Renovated Double  $7,428 year
    Suite Style Single  $9,232 year
    Suite Style Double  $8,140 year
    Double Room Buy Out $1,000 per semester
    Other Charges
    Late Payment Fee $200
    Security Deposit (New Students) $300
    Health Insurance (Full Year) $3,182

    General Questions

    Please contact the Bursar's Office with general questions about your bill.

    Location: Ground floor Bunting Hall
    Hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm M-F
    Phone: 410-778-7266 extension 8

    Specific Questions

    Questions about a specific line item should be directed to the office responsible for the fee or charge, as listed here:

    Housing Office, Student Affairs
    Casey Academic Center, 2nd floor 410-778-7752

    Financial Aid Office
    Casey Academic Center, 3rd floor 410-778-7214

    Parking and Vehicle Registration Office
    Wicomico, Public Safety Office 410-778-7810

    Admissions Office
    Casey Academic Center, 3rd floor 410-778-7700

    International Programs and Services Office
    508 Washington Ave. 410-778-7762

    Health Services Office
    Queen Anne Health Center 410-778-7261

    Office of the Registrar
    Bunting, Ground Floor 410-778-7299