Buildings & Grounds
We endeavor to serve Washington College through increased operational effectiveness, reliability, and superior environmental conditions for campus buildings, grounds, and infrastructure for residence halls, classrooms, offices, and labs.
- To surpass customer expectations.
- To provide exceptional value.
- To enjoy coming to work.
- To strive for excellence in facilities, environmental, and safety management.
The Department of Building and Grounds comprises 58 employees who take great pride in supporting the Colleges unique and historical culture by providing various services supporting the College community. Services include transportation, landscaping, housekeeping, recycling and building maintenance.
- Alumni House
- Bunting Hall
- Cain Athletic Center
- Caroline House
- The Eugene B. Casey Academic Center
- The Eugene B. Casey Swim Center
- Cecil, Dorchester, and Talbot Houses
- Chester Hall and Sassafras Hall
- Thomas W. Cullen Dormitory
- The Custom House
- Daly Hall
- Dunning Hall and the Alonzo G. Decker Jr. Laboratory Center
- Daniel Z. Gibson Center for the Arts
- Louis L. Goldstein Hall
- Harford Hall
- Hodson Hall
- The Hill Dorms
- Hynson-Ringgold House
- The Benjamin A. Johnson Lifetime Fitness Center
- Kent House
- Kibler Field/Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium
- The Constance Stuart Larrabee Arts Center
- Clifton M. Miller Library
- Minta Martin Hall
- Queen Anne’s House
- Reid Hall
- The Rose O’Neill Literary House
- The Ellen Bordley Schottland Tennis Center
- William Smith Hall
- The John S. Toll Science Center
- Western Shore Dorms
- Athey Baseball Park
- Campus Green
- The Cater Walk
- The Lelia Hynson Boating Park
- Lover’s Walk
- The Victory Bell