Signature Internships are internship opportunities or related funding that is open to Washington College students or alumni and where the host organizations may provide special consideration of the applicant’s qualifications for the position.
- Academy Art Museum
- Children’s National Medical Center
- Corbin Advisors
- Explore America Summer Internship Program
- Delaware and Pennsylvania Non-Profit Internship Program
- Hansard Program in International Studies
- Maryland Department of Transportation Internships
- MD Governor’s Internship Program
- National Security Scholarship Program (NSSP)
- NOAA Internship
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Molecular Biology Research Summer Opportunity
- Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars Internship Program
- Washington College Institute for Religion, Politics, and Culture in partnership with Disciples Center for Public Witness in Washington, DC
College Institutional Review Board (IRB) Requirements and IACUC Requirements
Students should be aware if they plan to work in internships where they will be conducting primary research with human or animal (vertebrate) subjects they must meet the requirements of the IRB or IACUC, respectively.
For questions about IRB requirements contact:
Dr. Tia Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org 410-810-7476
For questions about IACUC requirements contact:
Dr. Cindy Gibson email@example.com (800) 422-1782, ext. 7829
Internships By Topic
Review the accompanying descriptive internship list for details.
Please contact Assistant Dean Tya Pope (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Environmental Science and Studies Internships (combination of biology, chemistry, economics, philosophy, religion, and sociology opportunities)