Coronavirus Update: Washington College responds to coronavirus outbreak. More Info

Offices & Services

Office of Student Engagement

Event Planning

Are you looking to plan a campus event?  On this page you’ll find everything you’ll need for the event planning process!

Step 1: Fill Out The Reservation Form

Find the Link Here!

Step 2: Presence

Your event must be added to Presence 2 weeks before your event. If you plan to serve alcohol at your event, please email the Office of Student Engagement 3 weeks before your event.  If you need help with Presence please contact the Office of Student Engagement. 

Step 3: Vendors 

All vendors/performers need to be under contract through the Office of Student Engagement. Under no circumstances should a student enter a verbal or written agreement with an outside contractor.

Step 4: Reserve Tables

To rent tables for your events please complete the Table Rental Form. This form includes tables for Hodson Lobby. 

Step 5: Lighting and Sound

OSE owns lighting and a sound system that can be requested for events sponsored by Washington College clubs and organizations. You must complete the Lighting and Sound Request Form at least 2 weeks before to your scheduled event.

Step 6: Food

If you wish to have ANY food at your event you must go through Kayla Young and Chartwells. Chartwells has the first right of refusal for all campus catering, and therefore must approve any food purchased off campus.

Please contact Catering Director Kayla Young ( if you are interested in ordering catering. 

Step 7: Advertising

Clubs and Organizations may use the Resource Room in OSE to create signs, posters, banners, etc. to advertise for their events. The Resource Room is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.

Finally, Keep in Mind…

The Director of Student Engagement provides the final approval for all student events.  Event planners will be contacted by the Office of Student Engagement regarding the approval status of your event once a completed Event Registration Form is submitted.

Also, no student or advisor can authorize a contract. All contracts that are needed for the event must be handled through the Office of Student Engagement. (Example: performers, third party vendors, etc.)