The Office of Student Development is committed to uniting campus and community in meaningful service. By offering a wide range of clubs and community partnerships, we provide students with the opportunity to participate in service work they are passionate about.
Whether your passion is helping animals (Animal Impact), saving the environment (Student Environmental Alliance), promoting equality and LGBT rights (EROS), working with children (Caring for Kids), building houses for those in need (Habitat for Humanity), or community service in general (Service Council), Washington has a club for you!
There are many reasons to get involved in community service. Here are just a few:
- Make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Meet people who share your interests.
- Develop leadership skills by planning service projects or becoming a club officer.
- Build your resume (being actively involved in service work looks really good to potential employers!).
- Network with community leaders and nonprofit organizations.
- Have rewarding and fun experiences!
At Washington, we care about finding community service opportunities that appeal to you. If you have an idea for an event or want to raise awareness about a certain issue, we would love to help make that happen! Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, comments, or ideas you may have.