Coronavirus Update: Washington College responds to coronavirus outbreak. More Info

Residential Life

Residence Halls

Questions about housing or other Residential Life operations? Since staff are working from home, please contact Residential Life at

Your Residence Hall is your home away from home while you are with us at Washington College.  Explore our housing areas and learn about each of our buildings & communities below!

2020-2021 housing rates are listed below for reference. Rates are inclusive of the laundry fee. (Formerly laundry was a separate fee.)


Room Selection for Fall 2020-Spring 2021

Returning student housing applications are available! Log into your housing portal.



March 27, 2020: Returning student housing applications need to be completed if the student wishes to participate selecting their own room. Applications are accepted after March 27 but will be assigned by staff AFTER everyone else has picked a room in room selection. 

March 31-April 3: Room assignment process for Greek Houses, West (STEM), and medical accommodations that can’t be met during regular room draw. 

April 2: Room selection lottery numbers and start times are generated. Don’t forget- groups are averaged! Start times are available in the housing portal. 

April 6-10: Current Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors pick rooms online. Seniors go first, then Juniors, then Sophomores. 

April 13-16: Current First Years pick rooms online. This allows first years to view what’s available and re-group/plan over the weekend. 


You will see posters up in all the residence halls:

Housing Selection Dates
Housing Tips
More Tips for Room Selection
Helpful Hall Info


Fall 2020-Spring 2021 Residence Hall Rates

All rates have been updated and include the laundry fee.

Traditional RoomReid, Minta Martin, East, Middle and West

            Traditional Double: $6,365/year

            Traditional Single: $7,426/year


Renovated Traditional or Semi-Suite Room- Kent, Caroline, Queen Anne, Cullen, Cecil, Dorchester, Talbot

            Renovated Traditional Semi-Suite Double: $7,002/year

            Renovated Traditional Semi-Suite Single: $8,064/year


Suite Style- Chester, Corsica, Sassafras, Harford, Western Shore

            Suite Style Double: $7,638/year

            Suite Style Single: $8,700/year


“Double buyouts”- these are single upgrades that can occur if a resident in a double does not have a roommate and requests a double buyout or accepts the offer of one. Buyouts are offered by Residential Life pending space availability and are always voluntary. $1,000 is added to the double rate for that hall for the semester. Ex. Student is in a Minta double and wants to “buyout”- the student is charged the double rate for Minta plus $1,000 for the semester. The charge is pro-rated once a semester starts. 


Information will be sent out and posted in the residence halls frequently throughout the semester. It is critical that students check their email and pay attention to deadlines. As always our office is here to help. If you have any questions, please e-mail

Next Steps 

For new students, applying for on-campus housing is easy!

  1. Pay your deposit for Washington College.
  2. Complete your student housing preference form.
  3. Have your parent/guardian complete the parent/guardian form.
  4. Complete your online housing contract.

The above forms (#2-4) can be found at

Virtual Tours

To use the virtual tours created by GIS, you will need the Unity Web Player plugin for your browser. You can download the plugin here.

For more information on this project, created by students in our GIS lab, visit the Geographic Information Systems site.

Special Accommodations

If you require special housing accommodations due to a documented medical condition, please make a note on the housing preference form in the section titled Special Circumstances. These requests must include: a current statement of the medical or mental health diagnosis by the appropriate treatment professional, the treating professional’s discussion of the functional impact this diagnosis has on community living, and the requested accommodation.  Requests require documentation to be sent to Washington College Health Services or Academic Services.