SPRING RA Recruitment
Residential Life will be accepting applications for a few vacancies we will have in the spring semester. We look for outstanding upperclass students to fill these important leadership roles. The RAs are a respected group of students that have the ability to create opportunities for the greater campus community and the communities in their assigned halls. They help Washington College be all it can be for every student!
Applications (see below)
Applications Open-October 16th
Applications Close- November 15th at 9am
October 23rd 7pm in Sassafras Hall
November 7th 7pm in Sassafras Hall
Group Process- November 16th 10am
Individual Interviews-November 19th-22nd
Offer Letters sent- November 24th
Offer Letters due- December 3rd
New RA training begins January 13th (move in on January 12th)
Step 1: Application
Complete the online application including naming 2 references. Applications are due on Friday, November 15th at 9am.
You will need to upload a cover letter and resume with your online application.
- Your cover letter should include thorough answers to the following:
- What are some of your talents and skills demonstrated in your experiences that you will contribute to Residential Life? What skills have you learned from previous work experiences?
- What skills do you need to develop for your future career? How will the position of RA help you learn those skills?
- Give us an example of something you have done to enhance your ability to engage with and knowledge of people or cultures different then your own.
- Applicants are strongly urged to go to the Career Center for assistance on their cover letter and resume.
Step 2: References
Please give your references this link to complete their reference. All references are due on Friday, November 15th.
Step 3: Group Process
Application materials will be reviewed and a limited number of candidates invited to participate in group process. Group process will be Saturday November 16th from 10-12. Please hold that date and time on your calendars. Group process is a series of group problem solving activities that allow candidates to interact with each other.
Step 4: Individual Interviews
Based upon the results of group process, individual interviews will then be offered to a more limited number of candidates. These will occur November 19th-22nd.