RA Application Information
Residence Life accepts applications for Resident Assistants in spring for positions in the 2019-2020 academic year. We look for outstanding students to fill these important leadership roles. The RAs are a respected group of students that have the ability to create opportunities for the greater campus community and the communities in their assigned halls. They help Washington College be all it can be for every student!
Available January 21, 2019
Due February 22, 2019
January 22, 2019 7:00pm Minta Basement
January 23, 2019 7:00pm Sassafras Hall 1st floor
January 31, 2019 7:00pm Student Engagement (Hodson Hall)
February 12, 2019 7:00pm Chester Hall 1st floor
Step 1: Application
Complete the online application including naming 2 references. Applications are due on February 22nd by 4:30pm
You will need to upload a cover letter and resume with your online application.
- Your cover letter should include thorough answers to the following:
- What are some of your talents and skills demonstrated in your experiences that you will contribute to Residential Life? What skills have you learned from previous work experiences?
- What skills do you need to develop for your future career? How will the position of RA help you learn those skills?
- Give us an example of something you have done to enhance your ability to engage with and knowledge of people or cultures different then your own.
- Applicants are strongly urged to go to the Career Center for assistance on their cover letter and resume.
Step 2: References
Please give your references this link to complete their reference. All references are due on Monday February 25th.
Step 3: Group Process
Application materials will be reviewed and a limited number of candidates invited to participate in group process. Group process will be Saturday March 2nd. You can choose from the morning or afternoon session. Group process is a series of group problem solving activities that allow candidates to interact with each other.
Step 4: Individual Interviews
Based upon the results of group process, individual interviews will then be offered to a more limited number of candidates. These will occur the first week of March.