Using WebAdvisor: Students
Students use WebAdvisor for a wide range of registration-related functions. You will use this portal to access your class schedule, course registration functions, and to check your final grades at the end of the semester. WebAdvisor also lists your current academic information such as major(s) and minor(s), faculty advisor(s), and financial aid status.
But that’s not all! WebAdvisor includes numerous other items that are crucial for administering your academic career at Washington College. Click on the accordions below to read descriptions and learn more about the wide range of functions for managing your academic career that are available through this online portal.
- 1098 Electronic Consent – Permit the Business Office to grant you electronic access to your Form 1098-T statement instead of sending you a paper copy.
- View My 1098-T – View your Form 1098-T tuition tax statement(s) online.
- Business Office Status – Check to see if you are in good standing with the Business Office.
- 1098T Annual Statement – Look at your year end Web Statement of Account in support of the Form 1098-T tuition tax statement.
- Stmnt of Acct Reminder Email – Enter email address(es) of the person or persons who should be reminded of any outstanding balance for your account. Please note: A student must grant access to Parent’s WebAdvisor for the parent/legal guardian to view the Web Statement of Account.
- Web Statement of Account – View your Account charges and balance.
- Financial aid status by year – View your financial aid award and the status of your award based on a specific year.
- Financial aid status by term – View your financial aid award and the status of your award based on a specific term.
- Financial aid award letter – View the letter showing all aid awarded to you (by year).
- Accept or reject my financial aid awards – Take action on the components of your financial aid award by choosing to accept or reject these items.
- Federal Work-Study Info Sheet – A link to the form needed to help place you in a Federal Work-Study position.
- Forms Needed/Received – Keep track of various admission, financial aid, and registration forms needed and received.
- E-mail My Advisor(s) – Send an email to your faculty advisor(s) through WebAdvisor.
- Search for Sections – Search for sections within a current or future term, and filter results by various categories.
- Register for Sections – During a registration or Drop/Add period, search for sections next term, add them to your ‘Preferred Sections’ list, and register for them.
- Register and Drop Sections – After adding courses to your ‘Preferred Sections’ list, register for them; or drop currently registered sections from your current schedule.
- Manage My Waitlist – Verify your position on currently active waitlists, or drop yourself from the waitlist for a section you no longer wish to take.
- My class schedule – View your current schedule of courses (by semester).
- Registration Status & Time – View the dates during which you are eligible to register for sections, and view any active restrictions that will prevent registration.
- Registration Distribution Requirements – View the distribution requirements for all current class years; includes links to all major/minor departments and their specific requirements.
- Grades – View or print the final grades from all courses you’ve taken (by semester).
- Grade Point Average by Term – Check your term GPA for courses taken at Washington College (by semester).
- Transcript – View or print the final grades of all of course sections taken at Washington College, as well as advanced placement and transfer credit equivalency awarded for courses taken elsewhere (cumulative GPA is based only on courses taken at Washington College.
- Degree Completion Audit – View or print a summary of the credits you need for graduation and how the courses on your academic record count toward general education/distribution requirements.
- Test summary – See the SAT or ACT scores Washington College received, as well as any advanced placement equivalency you have earned from AP, IB, or CLEP tests.
- My class schedule – Verify your course schedule (by semester).
- My profile – View your legal/home address, phone numbers, faculty advisor(s) and degree program information from your academic record.
Note: If an official final grade report is required for scholarships or insurance, please request an Enrollment Verification.
- Add/Change Parental Access – Allow your parents access to see your grades, your bill and your schedule
- Shuttle Reservations – Make a reservation on the weekend shuttle to Annapolis and New Carrollton Metro station. The shuttles also to go BWI Airport at Spring, Fall and Holiday breaks.
- Buy my Books – Order your books from the bookstore.
- Language Survey/Placement – Take the Foreign Language Survey and/or Placement Exam.
- Housing/Roommate Information – Get information on your room assignment and your roommate.
- Web Housing/Phone Information – Get your authorization code to use your dorm phone. You can also get information on phone recommendations and how to set up your voicemail.
- Change Term Meal Plan – Change your meal plan for the term (only available through the end of the Drop/Add period).
- Directory Information Declaration – Opt out of having your Directory Information shared by the College.
- Information Release Form – Authorize parental/legal guardian access to your academic records when they contact the College. Note: This is not the same as granting them access to the Parental WebAdvisor menu.
To access this information, log onto WebAdvisor using the same username/password combination that you use to check email. Once you have logged in, click on the ‘Students’ link (the maroon menu item) on the right side of the page.
If you have questions about using WebAdvisor to access your academic information or to register, please feel free to contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-778-7299. You should contact other offices such as Financial Aid, the Business Office, or Residential Life if you have questions about other aspects of WebAdvisor.