About Our Certification
The Quantitative Skills Center is certified by the International Tutor Training Program from the College Reading and Learning Association.
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is an organization dedicated to the improvement of education at the college level. They work with universities and colleges all over to discuss and develop new educational techniques with the shared goal of facilitating student learning.
What does this mean?
The Quantitative Skills Center has been level 1 certified by the International Tutor Training Program Certification. This means that we are authorized to certify each tutor upon completion of the training program and twenty five hours of tutoring.
The level 1 certified training program is comprised of the following:
- Six 90 minute training sessions
- Peer tutor observations
- Supervisor observations
- Online discussions among new tutors
Benefits of the Program
- Tutors learn professional techniques that they can apply to their interactions with students.
- Tutors gain leadership skills that extend to other areas of their professional lives.
- Certification motivates tutors and rewards them for their hard work and dedication to the students.
- The program gives added credibility to the Quantitative Skills Center among faculty members and administrators.
- CRLA certifications look great on a resume!
*Some information taken directly from the CRLA website. More details can be found at crla.net