Fund for Campus Events and Visitors
Guidelines for Funding Campus Events and Visitors
- This fund supports staff, faculty and student events, as long as the proposed experience is deemed broadly educational.
- Ordinarily, the fund does not sponsor events that occur every year, as these ought to be supported by other budgets.
- Similarly, the fund does not sponsor repeat events, unless either the content of the lecture/event has been significantly modified or sufficient time has passed to justify a comeback.
- The fund sponsors events that take place on campus grounds; this can include locations like the boathouse, pavilion, the customs house and sporting fields. Events sponsored by the College but taking place in other venues, may be considered under extraordinary circumstances.
- Grants in excess of $1,000 should be considered rare and extraordinary.
- Given limited funds, the Provost’s Office is unable to fund public meals. We place first priority upon funding for honoraria, travel expenses and accommodations for speakers. (To cover the expenses of receptions associated with an event, we urge applicants to resort to other funding sources.)
- Funds for Campus Events and Visitors will not be used to directly support Washington College full-time, salaried faculty or staff members.