Washington Signature
[ Search and Navigation ]   [ View Full Site ]
Offices & Services

Human Resources

Student Employee Supervisor Forms


To ensure that students are paid correctly and timely, please verify that all information is complete and accurate before submitting authorizations. 

Hiring a Current Washington College Student

To hire a current Washington College student for the summer only, complete a Student Employment Authorization.  Note:  the student will remain in a “student” status moving from “regular student” to “summer student”.   Students move from regular student status to summer student status the Monday after graduation and continue in a “summer student status” through the second week of August.  For questions regarding student status contact the Business Office and speak with the PR Specialist, Marla Thomas.

Authorizing Multiple Student Employees

To authorize two or more Student Employees to work in the same department, please click here to download the Batch Student Employment Authorization (excel spreadsheet). Once complete, please email to payroll@washcoll.edu

Authorizing One Student Employee

To authorize one Student Employee, please complete the form below. When all required fields have been entered, click “submit.” 

Terminating a Student Employee or Ending Payment

To terminate a student employee and/or end payment, complete the Authorization To Terminate Student Employee/Stop Payment.

Hiring A Washington College May Graduate for the Summer

To hire a Washington College student who graduates in May, for the summer only, complete a Student Employment Authorization (SEA) and note that the graduating student will remain in a “student” status (summer student) for the summer following graduation.

If the employee continues in the fall in a temporary, non-benefit eligible status, the hiring office must then complete a Personnel Change Form to change the status of the employee from student to temporary then complete all areas of the Personnel Change Form that apply then submit for signed authorization and send the completed form to the Office of Human Resources. 

NOTE:  To hire a Washington College graduate in the fall following their graduation to a benefit eligible position, the alumni must participate in the same recruitment and employment processes as any other job candidate by first applying to the vacancy on Consensus.  If the graduate is considered for an interview they must follow the same process as other applicants including the interview process, reference checks and a criminal background check. If offered employment, they are required to complete the new employee paypack to change their status in the payroll system.  Hiring Officials must also complete a Personnel Change Form to change their employment status and process with signatures to complete the hiring process.

Hiring A High School Student or a College Student Not Attending Washington College

To hire a student who attends high school or another college (is not a current Washington College student) the hiring official should complete a Staff Employment Authorization and the student must complete a college application and is subject to a criminal background check.  Once the criminal background check has cleared the student can be offered employment and must complete the new employee paypack.  The hiring official should contact the Employment and Recruitment Coordinator with questions about the hiring process.    


Student Employee Authorizations

If Rate of Pay is not hourly (i.e. stipend) indicate rate of pay below. For stipends, please specify the pay start and end dates .
If the student is performing special work, receiving a change in rate of pay, or if there is additional information, enter explanation below. Include special certifications or skill sets required to perform advanced duties or assignments.

By clicking the button above you are authorizing that the above information is correct.