Offices & Services

Human Resources

New Employees FAQ


Q: How do I enroll in benefits at Washington College?

A: A representative from Human Resources will contact new, benefits-eligible employees with information about enrolling in benefits. 

Q: How do I establish telephone, voice-mail, e-mail and computer accounts?

A: After your employment forms have been submitted they take 48 hours to process. After this period contact the Office of Information Technology, William Smith Hall, lower level to establish your email and other accounts.

Q: How do I get a Washington College ID, office key, and parking permit?

A: You will need a Washington College ID card for access to many buildings on campus and for identification. After you have completed your payroll paperwork at Human Resources, you can get your photo ID, parking permit and key to office, if applicable, at Public Safety, in Wicomico Hall, lower level.

Q: What can my WC ID card be used for? 

A: Your WC ID card will permit you access to the gymnasiums and any other fab-access buildings. You can also use your ID card to charge at the Bookstore, pay for meals at Hodson Dining Hall, or coffee and food at any of our retail locations (i.e. Java George, Martha’s Kitchen, Mondo Subs). In addition, your ID card will allow you to check out books from Miller Library

Q: Can my spouse and dependents get a WC ID card? 

Yes, an employee’s spouse and dependents that are between the ages of 12-18 can be issued a WC ID card. Be sure to list them on your  New Employee Information Sheet.pdf. After your paperwork has been processed, they should visit Public Safety to obtain a WC ID card.

Q: How do I access my pay advice online?

A: To access your pay advice, log in to WebAdvisor and follow these simple steps. 

Q: What’s happening at Washington College?

A: To find out what is going on around campus check out the campus calendar. Please forward events to Campus Events, ext. 7888.

Q: How do I receive news about staff and faculty at Washington College?

A: The Washington College Employee Newsletter, the Washington College Post, is published monthly during the academic year and twice during the summer break. Please forward submissions, comments and questions to College Relations, ext. 7111.

Q: Where can I find online information about Kent County, MD?

A: Visit for information about local businesses, recreation, dining, shopping, arts and entertainment, government and coming events.