2017 Holiday Schedule
The College typically provides 14 holidays each year. This year, they will be:
- Friday, March 17 – Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 – Memorial Day
- Monday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 4 – Independence Day
- Wednesday, November 22 through Friday,November 25 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Monday, December 25, 2016 through Monday, January 1, 2018 – Winter Holiday (return to work on Tuesday, January 2, 2018)
Also in 2017, departments will schedule a holiday (1 day) at a time that is appropriate to their department and when classes are not in session or students are not on campus for regular activities (i.e. if the students are here, so are staff). Some options include:
- A day in January before students return for the spring semester
- An additional day during Spring Break (March 13-16)
- A day in the summer, after Alumni Weekend and before Orientation
- A day during Fall Break (October 12 & 13)
Senior leaders should please notify Human Resources of when the departmental holiday will be taken.
This schedule was reviewed and approved by Senior Staff.