The Office of Human Resources provides programs and services in recruitment, benefits, compensation, policies and procedures, professional development, and other employee-related issues that support Washington College’s employees and its academic mission.
Along with administration, we strive to create a supportive work environment that will help us attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce. Our core values that are woven into every aspect of human resources management include customer service, integrity, communication, continuous improvement, and teamwork.
Human Resources News
Insurance Open Enrollment Meetings to be held:
- November 14th & 15th
- Presentations at 9 am, 11 am, 2 pm & 4pm
- Location: Goose Nest –Hodson Hall
- Computers onsite for same day enrollment.
- Representatives from Cigna, CBIZ & HR will be on site.
- Please print a copy of the 2019 Benefits Guide to bring with you to the meeting.
Final Elections must be made by Midnight November 28th, 2018
New benefits booklet for coverage period January 1st, 2019 - December 31st, 2019!
As of JANUARY 1st 2019:
Health Insurance Carrier: Cigna
Dental Insurance Carrier: Delta Dental
Vision Insurance Carrier: Advantica
Flexible Spending Accounts: Flores
Washington College has partnered with Cigna to offer a program that rewards you for healthy behaviors. Be sure to add your numbers from the wellness fair screenings!
Benefit overviews, quick links and vendor contact information.
Updated: 2018 Holiday and Payroll Schedule Now Available!
Suggestions, Comments & Questions
We want to hear from you! Submit a suggestion, comment or question to let us know how we can better serve our employees.
Visit Our Office
500 Washington Avenue
Chestertown, MD 21620
(Next to Rita’s Water Ice)
Attn: Office of Human Resources
300 Washington Avenue
Chestertown, MD 21620
Our Top 3 Questions
Where is Human Resources?
We are located on Washington Avenue, across the street from the Citgo gas station and right next to Rita’s Italian Ice.
How do I access my benefits?
A summary of your benefits elections can be found on WebAdvisor.
The current 2018 plan year carriers are:
- Health Insurance Carrier: Cigna https://my.cigna.com/web/public/guest
- Dental Insurance Carrier: Delta Dental https://www.deltadentalins.com/
- Vision Insurance Carrier: Advantica Benefits https://www.advanticabenefits.com/VisionPlans
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Flores www.flores247.com
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): ComPsych https://www.compsych.com/
- Retirement: TIAA https://www.tiaa.org/public/index.html
What is a Paypack?
A Paypack is a packet of forms that all new employees must complete in order to work for and be paid by Washington College.
Please note that human resources staff is legally unable to aid in completion of tax forms.