Offices & Services

International Student Services

Washington College

Working on campus

Social Security

International students at Washington College may work on campus if here for two or more semesters. Social Security Card application instruction is offered on the website under FAQs.

You will need to obtain a job offer in order to apply for a US social security number. Both of these need to be done before you can work.

To apply, you will need your valid passport and visa, I-20 or DS-2019, your I-94 card, an authorization letter from the Global Education Office and an SS5 Application.

Applications may take several weeks to process.