Offices & Services

International Student Services

Social Security

International students at Washington College may work on campus if here for two or more semesters. Social Security Card application instruction is offered at the beginning of every semester during International Student Orientation.

You will need to obtain a job offer in order to apply for a US social security number. Both of these need to be done before you can work.

To apply, you will need your valid passport and visa, I-20 or DS-2019, your I-94 card, an authorization letter from the Global Education Office and an SS5 Application.

Social Security visits Chestertown every 4th Thursday in the Social Services Building located at 350 High Street. Representatives are there from 9:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Please contact our office if you require assistance with your application.

Applications may take several weeks to process.