ADA Advisory Group
The role of the ADA Advisory Group is to assess the campus environment and climate, working to eliminate physical, programmatic, policy, informational, and attitudinal barriers.
The ADA Advisory Group (ADA-AG) supports the College in its efforts to create an accessible and inclusive campus while also meeting its obligations under federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The function of the ADA-AG is to:
- Review college programs, services, activities, policies, and facilities regularly for Section 504/ADA compliance and accessibility.
- Identify and prioritize Section 504/ADA compliance and accessibility issues.
- Inform key administrators of those issues requiring immediate action and develop appropriate timelines to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Create benchmarks and assessment goals for accessibility initiatives and projects. (i.e. dashboard).
- Develop an annual report on the progress and status of accessibility initiatives and projects. The report should also include long-term strategic goals and plans to address continuing accessibility issues.
- Support staff, faculty and student knowledge and awareness of Section 504/ADA legal requirements, current trends, and best practices in higher education.
Andrea Vassar, Director of Disability Services & Office of Academic Skills; Section 504/ADA Coordinator (chair)
Dr. Sarah Feyerherm, Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Dr. Brian Scott, Co-Chair Environmental Science, and Studies; Adrian Reed Associate Professor of Environmental Science and Studies
Ursula Herz, Associate Dean of Students/Director of Residential Life; Assistant Section 504/ADA Coordinator
Sharon Sledge, Chief Academic Technology Officer
Valerie RiChard, Director of Physical Plant
Kate Laking, Benefits Administrator; Assistant Section 504/ADA Coordinator
Taylor Fields, Digital Marketing Communications Specialist
James Turley ’19, SGA Secretary of Student Services and Campus Properties
Calisa Gayle ’20, Intercultural Ambassador
If you need to request any documents on this webpage in an alternative accessible format (Braille, digital, audio, or large print) please contact Andrea Vassar at 410.778.7883 or email@example.com.
If you have difficulty accessing any portions of this page with adaptive technology, please contact Taylor Fields at 410.810.5841or firstname.lastname@example.org.