Offices & Services

Disability Access

Residential Accommodations

As a small, residential, liberal arts institution, Washington College believes that the on-campus living experience is essential to each student’s educational experience.

Students who live on-campus tend to do better academically and get the opportunity to fully participate in living-learning environments that foster long-term connections with peers, engagement with campus activities and events, and easy access to campus resources. To that end, all first and second-year students are required to live on campus. Third or fourth-year students in good academic (a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA) and social standing may also request to live off campus. Please visit this link to read more about Residential Life at Washington College -

Students with disabilities may request accessible residential accommodations. These accommodations could include housing placement, meal plan modifications, assistance animals, as well as other accommodations such as accessible parking. The process for residential accommodations is the same as any other accommodation; however, there are deadlines for requesting these accommodations. 

New Students

Students should request residential accommodations by May 31st for the Fall semester and January 2nd for the Spring semester. If you enroll after May 31st, please contact Disability Services as soon as possible so that your accommodation request can be reviewed. Space is limited and we will do our best to arrange all accessibility accommodations; however, you may be placed on a waiting list if an appropriate placement is not available. 

Returning Students

New requests from returning students must be received by May 31st for the following academic year. If you are a current student with residential accommodations, you must fill out the standard housing form at the same time as all returning students, typically the third week of March. Your accommodations are on file; you will not have to request them again. If you would like to request additional residential accommodations. please log in to the Accommodate portal and submit a Supplemental Request

The Accommodation Request Process can be found at this link -


If you need to request any documents on this webpage in an alternative accessible format (Braille, digital, audio, or large print) please contact the Office of Academic Skills at 410.778.7860 or

If you have difficulty accessing any portions of this page with adaptive technology, please contact Taylor Fields at 410.810.5841or