AMAC Student Center
We use AMAC Accessibility Solutions and Research Center to assist students who need to request instructional materials in alternative formats.
Requesting Alternative Format Materials
- Review the AMAC Student Resources page.
- Login to the AMAC Student Center to complete the request for each material needed.
- Requests are submitted through AMAC but are reviewed by OAS staff. You will receive email confirmations throughout the process. We may contact you for more information.
We recommend that students submit their requests several weeks in advance of when they need the materials. In some cases, it can take some time to receive the alternative versions. Due to copyright laws, students must purchase the original instructional material and may be required to produce the original receipt.
Types of Alternative Formats
- PDF - retains the same layout as the print textbook and includes bookmarks for navigation, synchronized highlighting of text and audio.
- MS Word Doc - This format is best for students who use screen reading software such as JAWS and also need alternative text descriptions added to images.
- Audiobook format (Learning Ally) - audio only, plus headings for navigation.
- Other specialized formats are available including MathML and DAISY.
If you need to request any documents on this webpage in an alternative accessible format (Braille, digital, audio, or large print) please contact Andrea Vassar at 410.778.7883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have difficulty accessing any portions of this page with adaptive technology, please contact Taylor Fields at 410.810.5841or email@example.com.