Audio Visual Services
We have enhanced our audio visual services workflow to better support your needs and balance the growing demand we have experienced in Digital Media Services. Here is a quick reference regarding our process to help you plan for success:
Lead Times- We enforce a strict lead time requests for all audio visual events. Click here for additional details.
○ Video Production: six-week lead request
○ Presentation Support: two-week lead request
Video Production and Presentation Capabilities by Location- The chart below includes highlights the capabilities for each location. Click here for more details.
(click here for enlarged version)
- Clientele for Events- We only provide video production services for campus clients for campus events. We do not support requests from outside entities or projects that are not a Washington College event.
- Real-time Video Mixing- Your video is switched/mixed in real-time and delivered shortly after the event. Click here for more details.
Closed Captioning- Closed captioning is required for content produced for the web. Funding for this will most likely be required by your department.
- Lead Times continued- We understand presenter notes, such as Powerpoint presentations, will not be ready at the time of the request. For any productions requiring picture-in-picture overlay of notes/images, we require those files at least two days prior to the event. Please consult with us at the time of your request if the files would be something other than a Powerpoint or Quicktime video files.
- Video Production and Presentation Capabilities by Location continued- Video recording services are only available in specific locations. See chart. We have a BYOCam policy (bring your own camera) for any requests that fall outside of these locations. We have assembled and trained a skilled team of student video producers who remotely operate twin cameras in each of the equipped locations including Decker Theatre, Hotchkiss Recital Hall and Hynson Lounge. We provide support for av services such as PowerPoint and DVD projections and PA system setups.
Real-time Video Mixing continued- Campus clients are responsible for any further processing they desire in their videos, such as titles, text, graphics, or further editing.
If your campus event would benefit from our services, please first contact Gina Ralston in Campus Events via email or phone at 410-810-7438 to inquire about the desired location and date for your event. Click here to submit an event request. After you have reserved a space, your next step would be to contact Mitch Cannon via email or phone at 410-810-7169 to inquire about any audio visual needs for your event.