Masticate and Confabulate
Masticate & Confabulate is a group that meets to discuss teaching while sharing food, drink, and community. Faculty are surveyed at the beginning of the semester, and topics and meeting dates/times are chosen based on interest and availability.
This year’s meeting with take place over lunch in the Hynson Faculty Lounge.
An article is often shared about a week in advance to spark discussion, or participants may be asked to bring ideas or items for discussion from their own classes.
M&C meets approximately once a month during the academic year. All faculty are welcome! For upcoming meetings, see the Events Schedule.
Past meeting topics have included:
- Enhancing lecture and interactive lecture
- Group work
- Technology tools in the classroom
- Increasing class participation
- Leading classroom discussion
- Teaching writing
- Constructing a syllabus and course design
- Formative assessment including rubrics
- Teaching critical thinking
- Discussing difficult topics in the classroom
Please contact Suzanne Thuecks (email@example.com) with questions. We hope you can join us!