Maryland Department of Transportation Internships MDOT Fellows Program
The Program introduces Maryland’s most promising college students to the rewards and challenges of working within Maryland’s integrated transportation system. During the summer, interns are placed in senior-level assignments in one of MDOT’s integrated system of agencies.
All potential applicants must meet with:Ms. Vicky Sawyer
Assistant Dean Lange
Goldstein 222; x7776
Is there a GPA and class requirement for this internship program?
A student applicant must have a GPA of 2.7 or above, but all majors are encouraged to apply.
When may I apply?
To be announced
Can I earn academic credit through this internship?
Yes academic credit can be earned provided the student signs a learning contract and internship proposal form with the appropriate faculty member who will supervise their academic work.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants must:
- Be undergraduate students attending a four year college or university in Maryland, or Maryland residents attending an out-of-state college or university
- Have completed 90 credits of coursework or be entering their senior year
- Have a GPA of 2.7 or higher.
The application process requires submission of:
- A current resume which includes email address
- An essay of one page or 300 words or less on “What do you see as Maryland’s biggest transportation issue and how would you solve it?”
All application materials should be sent to:
Christine Routzahn, Director of Professional Practice
The Shriver Center, UMBC
Attention: MDOT Fellows Internship Program
100 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
For additional information contact Ms. Routzahn at 410-555-2493 or at email@example.com.