First Year Career Awareness Program
For incoming students: Welcome to Washington College! We are so glad you’ve joined the WAC family and we are looking forward to working with you for your entire college career.
The First Year Career Awareness Program (FY CAP) is done in collaboration with the Provosts Office, Student Affairs, and the Center for Career Development. These offices will be working with the First Year Advisors and Peer Mentors to guide you through this yearlong program. The program itself is managed through a FYCAP Canvas class page.
FYCAP Canvas Class Page
All first year students will receive an email in late August to join the Canvas Class FYCAP for the fall or if you are transferring in the spring, you’ll receive an invitation in mid-January. You must accept it in order to see the required assignments.
All students, regardless of major, must complete the following:
1) Complete Focus 2 by Friday, August 17, 2018
2) Attend a Center for Career Development Orientation on Monday, August 27, 2018 at 5pm or 6pm. You’ll receive and email with instructions to select a session through Handshake, our career service management system.
3) Attend 1 additional Fall semester program. Available programs are marked “Option 1, 2, etc.”
1) Attend a program during Pro”FRESH”ional Week taking place February 5-8, 2019.
2) Attend 1 additional Spring semester program. Program to be posted ASAP.
3) Create a resume and submit it in Canvas by Monday, April 22, 2019.
Note: The most up to date and accurate information can always be found on Canvas. Any questions about assignments for the FYCAP can be directed to Lisa Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org.