The Office of Buildings and Grounds oversees the upkeep of campus facilities, vehicles, and landscaping.
Currently, our maintenance request / work order system is not operational.
If you need to submit a request/work order, please call the office at extension 7210 on-campus or please email firstname.lastname@example.org details including your building, room number or office name and a good description of the problem and we will put in a work order to address the problem.
From off-campus - (410)-778-7210 or please email: email@example.com
Please refer to the Housekeeping page link on the left side of this page for requests for service from that area.
The Office of Buildings and Grounds supports the College’s mission and goals by providing the highest quality physical environment for the entire College community to maximize access and promote student success. Focusing on maintaining, and improving the physical environment, the Office of Buildings and Grounds ensures a comfortable, and clean working and learning environment for the campus.
To help you find the information you need quickly, information is organized by types of support. We endeavor to serve Washington College through increased operational effectiveness, reliability, and superior environmental conditions for campus buildings, grounds, and infrastructure for residence halls, classrooms, offices, and labs.
- To surpass customer expectations.
- To provide exceptional value.
- To enjoy coming to work.
- To strive for excellence in facilities, environmental, and safety management.
The Department of Building and Grounds comprises 58 employees who take great pride in supporting the College’s unique and historical culture by providing various services supporting the College community. Services include general campus repairs, requests for assistance with landscaping, recycling, and building maintenance. The Housekeeping Department is also housed in the maintenance building.
Main Campus Buildings
- Allegany House
- Alumni House
- Anne Arundel House
- Brown Cottage
- Bunting Hall
- Cain Athletic Center
- Calvert House
- The Career Center
- Caroline House
- Carroll House
- The Eugene B. Casey Academic Center
- The Eugene B. Casey Swim Center
- Cecil, Dorchester, and Talbot Houses
- Charles House
- Chester Hall and Sassafras Hall
- Clifton M. Miller Library
- The Constance Stuart Larrabee Arts Center
- Corsica Hall
- Thomas W. Cullen Dormitory Hall
- Daly Hall
- Dunning Hall and the Alonzo G. Decker Jr. Laboratory Center
- Daniel Z. Gibson Center for the Arts
- The Foster House
- Frederick House
- Garrett House
- Louis L. Goldstein Hall
- Harford Hall
- Hillel House
- Hodson Hall Commons
- The Hill Dorms (East, Middle and West Halls)
- The Benjamin A. Johnson Lifetime Fitness Center
- Kent House
- Kibler Field/Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium
- Minta Martin Hall
- Montgomery House
- Nussbaum House
- Prince George’s House
- Publications House
- Queen Anne’s House (includes Health & Counseling Services)
- Reid Hall
- The Rose O’Neill Literary House
- The Ellen Bordley Schottland Tennis Center
- William Smith Hall
- St. Mary’s House
- The John S. Toll Science Center
- Western Shore Dorms
- 210 South Cross Street (GIS)
- 307 Washington Avenue (Advancement)
- 500 Washington Avenue (Human Resources)
- 508 Washington Avenue
- 510 Washington Avenue
- The Armory Building
- The Cromwell Center
- The Custom House
- The Hodson Boathouse
- The Semans-Griswold Environmental Hall
- Hynson-Ringgold House
- Athey Baseball Park
- Campus Green
- The Cater Walk
- Kibler Field
- The Lelia Hynson Boating Park
- Lover’s Walk
- Martha Washington Square
- Shriver Field
- The Victory Bell