- B.A., Drew University, 1976
- M.A. Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania, 1980
- M.A. American Civilization, University of Pennsylvania 1981
- Ph.D. Historical Archaeology, University of Pennsylvania, 1987
- Introduction to Environmental Archaeology
- Maritime Archaeology
- Archaeology and Historic Preservation in Maryland
- Ancient Myths & World Mysteries
- Summer Field School in Archaeology
Current Research Projects
Marine archaeology and natural resource surveys of the Chester River and other tributaries of the Chesapeake Bay; formulation of a predictive model and Geographic Information System (GIS) for archaeological sites on Maryland’s Upper Eastern Shore; long-term environmental and stabilization study of the 1748 wreck of HMS “Fowey,” Biscayne, Florida with the National Park Service’s Submerged Resource Unit; shallow water habitat assessment in the Chesapeake Bay, Fire Island National Seashore and other estuarine or coastal zones; climate change and local and regional climate protection planning.
Boards And Committees (selected)
Chestertown Historic District Commission; Maryland Historical Trust Board of Trustees.
SCUBA diving, boating, travel, music, reading.
Recent trips (in the last two years): Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, the Bahamas, and Bermuda. Where do I want to go next? The Galapagos, Antarctica, Alaska, any of the Pacific Islands, back to the Mediterranean, and so on, and so on, and so on…