During her short time at Washington College, Katie Laury ‘12 established herself as a standout student. The First-Year Scholarship Medal recipient was inducted as an apprentice to the Douglass Cater Society of Junior Fellows, and was recognized by Washington College’s Theta Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa as one of nine freshmen to achieve a GPA of 3.9 or higher.
Based on Katie’s early achievements, Katie was on track to join the elite academic society known for honoring and advocating the ideals of a liberal arts education. A biology major with aspirations of becoming a veterinarian, Katie chose Washington College because of the individualized instruction she knew she would receive from her professors. On her campus visit as a pro
- Major: Biology with a Pre-Vet Track
- Academic Honors: Presidential Fellow, First-Year Scholarship Medal
- Douglass Cater Society of Junior Fellows
- Internship: Cherryville Animal Hospital, Balliet & Associates
- Extracurricular Activities: Intramural Sports