Secretary of Service and Community Relations
Class of 2022
Major: Internal Studies & Philosophy - Minor: German
- Peer Mentor
- Student Events Board
- Cleopatra Sister’s
- Model United Nations
- Mock Trial
- Maryland Student Legislature
- German Club
The Secretary of Service and Community Relations acts as the student liaison to the greater Chestertown community, collaborates with local organizations, oversees student service groups, maintains student service hour records, and manages service-related SGA initiatives.
- Maintain regular communication with the Mayor of Chestertown, President of the Downtown Chestertown Association, Town Manager, Town Council, and Police Chief at the direction of the President. Meet and coordinate with other community representatives as needed.
- Lead the “iServe” initiative to engage students service groups and service opportunities.
- Plan and direct Casey Time, a campus beautification initiative.
- Oversee all student led service groups and act as chair of the College’s “Service Council”.
- Assist the President with coordination of local press rollouts.
- Coordinate collaborative events with external partners in the local community (including the Chestertown Halloween Parade, ChesterGras).
- Encourage local, student-friendly business practices.