Community Organizer | Clean Water Action
Clean Water Action is currently hiring field community organizers to work on local grassroots campaigns to protect the health, economy, environment and livelihood of communities. We are looking to add to our diverse staff of committed, professional, and highly skilled activists to act as front line ambassadors in the communities that we serve.
All new employees receive extensive training and continuing support on sustainability initiatives, communication skills, and political campaign organizing. This position is perfect for students and recent graduates. We are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills. Candidates who possess a strong commitment to environmental, social, and political justice, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor will be well suited for this role.
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
- Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media
- Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns
- Identify and activate individuals who wish to participate in other activities, including letter writing, attending meetings, volunteer time, turning out the vote, etc.
In the Chesapeake region, we are currently prioritizing:
- Protect the Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River, and their shorelines, tributaries and wetlands.
- Reduce health-threatening contamination of our air, water, food and communities.
- Promote clean, renewable energy and combat climate change
- Make polluters pay for environmental damages and enforce environmental law.
- Work with an industry leading environmental non-profit
- Rewarding work with a casual work setting
- Paid training, gain knowledge of local politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues
- Possibly earn college credit
** 3:00-9:30 PM work hours **
Full time positions Monday-Friday
Part time positions 3 days, Monday-Friday.
* As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.
Apply online or Call today!
CollegeCentral Job ID: 5231082