Valiant Ambition: George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and the Fate of the American Revolution.
- H. Breen, George Washington’s Journey: The President Forges a New Nation (Simon and Schuster)
- Annette Gordon-Reed and Peter S. Onuf, “Most Blessed of the Patriarchs”: Thomas Jefferson and the Empire of the Imagination (Liveright Publishing)
- Jane Kamensky, A Revolution in Color: The World of John Singleton Copley (W.W. Norton)
- Michael J. Klarman, The Framers’ Coup: The Making of the United States Constitution (Oxford University Press)
- Mark Edward Lender and Garry Wheeler Stone, Fatal Sunday: George Washington, the Monmouth Campaign, and the Politics of Battle (University of Oklahoma Press)
- Nathaniel Philbrick, Valiant Ambition: George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and the Fate of the American Revolution (Viking)
- Alan Taylor, American Revolutions: A Continental History, 1750-1804 (W.W. Norton)
August 29, 2017 Nathaniel Philbrick will Speak at Washington College
April 25, 2017 Philbrick Takes the Prize
February 16, 2017 George Washington Prize Finalists Named
Video of Nathaniel Philbrick’s presentation on campus.