Amanda Van Tran
Class of 2019
Major/Minor: Major in Biology, Premed. Minor in English
- Member of Beta Beta Beta Biology Honor Society (SP 2018-Present)
- New Member Instructor and sister of Alpha Omicron Pi fraternity, Sigma Tau Chapter (SP 2017-Present)
- Student Government Association, Secretary of Diversity (SP 2016-Spring 2018) Senator (FA 2015-SP 2016)
- Peer Mentor (SP 2016-Present)
- Biology Course Mentor (FA 2017-Present)
- Gardening Club (FA 2017-Present)
- Women’s Club Lacrosse (FA 2015-Present)
- School Orchestra (FA 2015-Present)
- Presidential Fellow (FA 2015)
Why did you choose to attend Washington College?
Academically, it has to be the student to faculty ratio. At WAC your professors actually see you as a person and care about your academic success. You are guaranteed one-on-one help with your professor which isn’t common among bigger schools. Other than academics, I was drawn to WAC because it happened to be located on one of the most beautiful waterfronts. No matter the season, Chestertown is always quaint and inviting.
Recommend a class and professor?
I was very happy with my course load in my first year at WAC, and a lot of my professors contributed to my overall academic success. Over the year, Dr. Jim Windelborn’s BIO 101 class may have been the most interesting and entertaining courses I have taken. Dr. Windelborn not only makes the course engaging, but shows his care for his students in and outside of the classroom. If his office door is open, you are always welcome.