1-Mattis Justo Quam
1-consectetur. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Praesent commodo cursus magna, vel scelerisque nisl consectetur et. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit.
Music to Move You
Washington College’s fall concert series spans the range from classical guitar to experimental hip hop.
Face the changing season with a beat in your step. The Washington College Concert Series for fall 2016 features a variety of performers from classical guitarists to a multimedia scholar/DJ. The series, together with the Washington College Music Department, supports a haven where students and community members can share in the experience of watching, creating, and celebrating the amazing wonders of all different forms of music.
- Oct. 23, 6 p.m. — SoloDuo, classical guitar. Matteo Mela and Lorenzo Micheli have performed their classical guitar wizardry to great acclaim from Carnegie Hall to Kiev’s Hall of Columns and will now grace Decker Theatre (in the Gibson center for the Arts) as the feature artists of the 3rd Annual Eastern Shore Guitar Festival and Workshop. Individual tickets are $20 (adults) and $15 (non-WC College Students / Seniors over age 65 / WC faculty & staff). WC students and youth 18 and under are free.
- Nov. 2, 7:30 p.m.—DJ Spooky, That Subliminal Kid. Paul D. Miller, the Frederick Douglass Fellow in residence at the C.V. Starr Center, will present a multimedia talk and performance of his experimental electronic and experimental hip hop music alongside Kimberly McCollum (violin) and Daniel Shomper (cello) in Decker Theatre of the Gibson Center for the Arts. Free and open to the public.
- Nov. 4, noon—Woobin Park, piano. The third 12@Hotchkiss concert in this semester’s series, this performance features Dr. Woobin Park, professor of music, in her fist solo recital at the College. Her commanding stage presence and elegant musicianship have been acclaimed from Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall and Steinway Hall in New York to the Montpelier Arts Center here in Maryland. Free and open to the public.
- Nov. 5, 7:30 p.m. — Award-winning, Italian chamber musicians the David Trio will perform as part of the Premier Artist lineup. Individual tickets are $20 (adults) and $15 (non-WC College Students / Seniors over age 65 / WC faculty & staff). WC students and youth 18 and under are free.
- Nov. 11, 7:30 p.m. — To celebrate and give thanks to our region’s veterans, WC will host Country Current, the U.S. Navy’s premier country-bluegrass ensemble in a free concert as part of the Premier Artist lineup. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before performance start time.
For events that require tickets, individual tickets can be purchased online with a credit card via EventBrite, or with cash or check at the door. Season tickets can be purchased on the Concert Series website. Inquires and ticket holds can be sent to email@example.com or 301-778-7839 (Shannon Shirk). More information on the series is available at washcoll.edu/concert