October 29, 2012
Below is the latest update from the Kent County Office of Emergency Services
Our latest briefing with MEMA and NWS gave us just a few updates for the
- Sandy has made landfall
- High Wind Warning remains in effect until 9am Tuesday
- Coastal Flood Warning remains in effect until 1pm Tuesday
- Flood Warning in effect until 2am Tuesday
- Flood Watch continues through Tuesday afternoon
- Winds from the Southwest 35-50mph, with gusts up to 75mph
- The strongest winds are expected to be from now through 1am Tuesday
- Moderate coastal flooding is forecasted
- 6” to 10” of total rainfall is still expected
- Tuesday morning high tides are the ones of most concern at this moment
- Surge is still expected to be 4’ to 5’
Unless the weather changes drastically, this will be our last briefing of
the evening. Our conference calls and briefings will begin again in the
OES will continue to monitor the storm, road conditions and the power
outages throughout the night.
Take care and stay safe! We will resume updates tomorrow.
Last modified on Nov. 9th, 2012 at 2:13pm by .