Date: 10:00am - 1:00pm EST March 2, 2013
Modern Languages Alumni Career Panel
In order to help foster your preparation for the “real” world and the different ways that you might be able to use your linguistic and intercultural skills in the future, the Department of Modern Languages will be hosting an Alumni Career Panelthis Saturday (March 2) from 10am-1pm in the First Floor Lounge of the Chester Residence Hall.
Seven former German, French, and Spanish majors and minors will all be on campus or joining us remotely for the event to discuss their own professional paths after graduating from Washington College.
In addition to current Modern Language student moderators Stacie Bosley (French Studies) and Chris Miller (Hispanic Studies), participants will include:
- Isaac Schendel (WC German Studies, Fulbright Teaching Assistant at the Gymnasium Mainz-Gonsenheim, MA candidate in Medieval Germanic Studies at the University of Minnesota)
- Elizabeth Clay (WC French Studies, Development Officer at Tostan International, MA in French Cultural Studies in a Global Context from Columbia University-Paris)
- Jacob Risner (WC French Studies, Program Manager at the International Youth Foundation, Master of Public Relations from the University of Baltimore)
- Ian Holstrom (WC French Studies, Participant Service Center Associate at T. Rowe Price)
- Brianna Moulton (WC Hispanic Studies, Graduation Coordinator at Laureate Education)
- Katilin Thomas (WC Hispanic Studies, Lecturer in Spanish at Washington College, Instructor for the Queen Anne’s Board of Ed. & Maryland Migrant Education Program, MA in Latin American & Spanish Language & Literature from New York University-Madrid)
- Delores Richard (WC Hispanic Studies and French Studies, English Instructor at First Step in Japan, MA in Court Interpreting from the College of Charleston)