MOVED ONLINE - 2020 Senior Reading
Date: 7:00pm EDT April 21
Enjoy the graduating senior writers read from their original pieces!
*PLEASE NOTE: The formatting of this event has been changed due to Washington College’s decision to move courses online, in response to concerns regarding COVID-19. We will be uploading videos from students onto our social media to create an online reading. We will also be announcing the winners of the Literary House prizes online.
INFORMATION FOR SENIORS:
Please send us a video file of you reading a piece of your creative writing, and we will post it on April 21 on Twitter.
- We will post videos in alphabetical order starting at 7pm on the 21st, just as you’d be ordered at the physical reading.
- Videos will be tagged #WCSeniorReading2020.
- Students should limit the video to no more than two minutes in length, or to a size of no more than 512 MB.
- At the beginning of the video, please say your name and the title(s) of your work.
- Please include a copy of the text, since we will need it to create subtitles for the video.
- Students should also include a very short bio (major/minor, thesis topic, or favorite book, etc.) that will fit within Twitter’s character limit.
- We need the videos, text, and bio no later than 6 pm on Monday, April 13. Please email these things to email@example.com.
The Literary House will also announce the winners of the Literary House Genre Fiction Prize, the William W. Warner Prize for Creative Writing on Nature and the Environment, and the Jude & Miriam Pfister Poetry Prize live on Twitter during this online event.