Timeframe: 2 days
The sweet and sour flavor makes corn relish a great condiment in late summer.
- 4 ears sweet corn kernels cut off the cobs
- 4 peppers hot and/or sweet, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pear cored and chopped (or, substitute apples or other seasonal fruits)
- 2 tsp salt
- large mixing bowl
- mason jar
- Combine ingredients together and mix until everything is saturated with brine from the bruised fruits.
- Pack mixture into a jar and cap loosely.
- Leave at room temperature for two days, then refrigerate and serve as a condiment. Enjoy!