CELEBRATE WITH US OVER
Sunday, June 3, 11 a.m.
Chester River Waterfront, Chestertown
- Dedication of new rowing shells
- Tributes to coaches Mike Davenport and John Leekley
- Alumni regatta with the Eastern Shore Community Rowers (it’s not too late to join!)
- Cookout with the Washington College community (lunch provided)
11:00am Dedication Ceremony
11:30am Picnic Lunch and Tours of archives/new boathouse
12:30pm Alumni rowers report to Truslow Boathouse
1:00pm Alumni Regatta
* Parking will be in the Wilmer Park Lot or along the road. Due to construction, no parking is permitted on the Boathouse premises.
* This event is casual and families are welcome.
To participate in the regatta as an alumni rower, contact Nina Fleegle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-810-7139.
A Legacy of Tenacity: Relive the glory.
It began as a club sport out of a chicken coop. Along the way came the first Great Eight, Maryland’s first collegiate women’s crew, and an Olympic gold medal for Betsy Beard ’84. Now the new Hodson Boathouse is rising on the shores of the Chester River, a fitting sanctuary for athletes plying the pre-dawn waters in pursuit of both team and personal victories.
Claim your legacy in the storied tradition of Washington College rowing by providing two new shells to our inspired men’s and women’s teams.
- Fund a seat that will bear your nameplate with your gift of $1,500. (To arrange for a nameplate, please submit your request here. The number of seats is limited.)
- Fund an oar with your gift of $750; you’ll receive a restored oar from a retired shell with our thanks.
- Make a gift of any amount to put your WC teams on the water in championship form.