Request for Proposals
WJF will support both major events and smaller events, as identified below.
Proposals should be submitted electronically by the appropriate deadline to the current WJF Curator, Erin Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smaller events (up to $1000)
Deadline for Fall 2015 semester: October 2, 2015
Decisions (by committee) announced by: October 12, 2015
Deadline for Spring 2016 semester: February 1, 2016
Decisions (by committee) announced by: February 15, 2016
Goal: Provide a regular source of funding assistance for campus speakers and events each semester
Major events ($1000-$8000)
Deadline for 2015/2016 year: October 9, 2015
Decisions (by committee) announced by: October 23, 2015
Deadline for 2016/2017 year: March 1, 2016
Decisions (by committee) announced by: March 151, 2016
Goal: Help fund 1 or 2 major events for the 2016/17 academic year
- Identify a primary contact person and the department or program hosting the event.
- Identify the speaker and/or event and any relevant credentials.
- Briefly clarify how the event fits with the mission of WJF.
- Identify your target audience(s) (e.g., students, alumni, community).
- Specifically, what is the appeal of this event for students? An ideal proposal will have a plan to encourage student engagement (e.g., include event in syllabus, host a student discussion forum after the event).
- Provide a detailed budget estimate for the event.
- Specify a goal/date for when the event will occur.
- Plan to assess the success of the event by providing WJF with post-event feedback on attendance and appeal to target audience(s).
WJF will host 1 or 2 major events each year for at least 3 consecutive years starting 2013/14. Up to 3 smaller events will be supported each semester on an ongoing basis with deadlines early in the semester.