UMD School of Nursing Articulation & Course Schedules
Because of the strict requirements of the nursing program, students must start planning their course schedules early in the first year. Information sessions covering the 3:2 program with the University of Maryland School of Nursing are offered each fall. You may choose from two majors when preparing for articulation.
University of Maryland School of Nursing Prerequisites (UMDSON)
Articulation depends on a student’s completion of at least 96 credit hours, including all Washington College requirements and the following courses for either a Biology or Psychology major.
- PSY 111, 112 General Psychology
- PSY 209 Statistics and Research Design I+
- PSY 309 Statistics and Research Design II+
- Psychology Electives (3 courses) one from each of the following areas:
- General: (PSY 202 is required for nursing)
- Biological: (PSY 210+, 305+, 317+, 410+)
- Applied/Clinical: (PSY 233, 234, 304, 313+, 320+, 333+, 403+, 410+: Human Neuropsychology)
+ Course has lab component