About the Department
The Department of Music is one of the most active departments on the Washington College campus. Through our vast program of classes, private study, and performance, you can explore and experience music in ways you can only begin to imagine.
Students are afforded opportunities to study musicology, ethnomusicology, theory, composition, and performance with a talented and dedicated faculty. The Washington College Department of Music embraces music from around the globe, from many different backgrounds, traditions, and cultures. We invite you to join us and take a course, take some lessons, become a major or minor, or just experience a concert!
College students Jordana Qi ’18 and Michael DeMaio ’18 will join world renowned Cuban musician Ernesto “Gato” Gatell and his 10-piece band for a concert on April 21.
Paul Reed Smith, guitar master and business innovator, will visit campus on April 13 to receive an honorary degree and keynote the J.C. Jones Seminar in American Business.
Combining her love of history and music, Heidi Butler ’18 will spend part of the summer studying how American hymns reflected the tumultuous times in America in and around the Civil War.
- Mar 22 7:30pm Washington College Department of Music Showcase
- Mar 22 8:00pm CANCELED: World Music Extravanganza
- Mar 28 7:30pm Kevin Jin and Jazz Combo - Senior SCE Recital
- Apr 04 7:30pm Mimi Stillman, Flute, and The Annapolis Chamber Orchestra
- Apr 08 7:30pm Maddie Morton, Soprano - Senior SCE Recital